- Nippondenso starters are assembled in the U.S.A. with heavy-duty components and tested with state-of-the-art equipment
- Solenoid plunger, return damper and springs are replaced with stronger components
- Clutch shaft and rollers are replaced with precision-ground and hardened parts for longer service life
- All components are assembled with a special lube for starter roller clutch applications
- CNC-machined billet mounting noses are held together with aerospace fasteners
- After assembly, all starters go to a dyno test including hi-low voltage, stall torque, solenoid engagement, amperage draw, load test, maximum rpm and motor impulse wave form
- Starters have a 4.4:1 gear reduction and produce 46% more cranking torque than the stock starter
- Starters available in four kilowatt ratings (1.2, 1.4, 1.6 and 2.0)
- The 1.6 kW starter is designed for 96" or bigger motors with limited size batteries such as FXR, FXST and FXD models
- The 1.2/1.4/1.5 kW starters are designed for OEM applications; use Terry battery cables and a battery with 300+ cranking amps like the Drag Specialties battery for best results
- The 2.0 kW starter will start any monster motor (for best results, use with Terry battery cables and a battery with 300+ cold cranking amps like the Drag Specialties battery)
- Made in the U.S.A.
NOTE: 1.6 and 2.0 starters will require spacer block PART #DS-196233 when used on 99-06 FLT models. On Softail, Dyna and FXR models, you must relocate oil lines and some wiring.
NOTE: PART #DS-196182 has a raw finish starter nose.